Thursday, September 22, 2011

Freezer Cooking Day

Today is the day that I have decided to try freezer cooking! I went to Kroger this morning (it's Thursday ;)) and got anything that I didn't have in my stockpile, which wasn't much. I was proud :). This is what I am making today:
Lasagna
Mexican Lasagna
Meatballs
Chicken Tetrazzini
Vegetable Beef Soup
Enchiladas
and maybe Zucchini Bread if I have time.

So far, I am finished with chopping all of the vegetables and am just waiting for the meat to cook. I like this so far. Feels very structured and productive. I was reminded of how much I hate cooking when I'm tired last night. It's not so much the cooking but cleaning all of the pans/dishes afterwards. We'll see how this alleviates that.  I'll keep adding to the post as I go and will give reviews of the recipes as we try them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment