Monday, September 26, 2011

Lasagna!

Just pulled the lasagna that I made from freezer cooking day out of the freezer. I'm not exactly sure how long it will take to thaw, so depending on the time it takes, my family will either be having that tonight or tomorrow for dinner ;P. Here is the recipe that I made. It comes from "Once A Month Cooking" by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg.

Dawn's Lasagna
26 oz jar pasta sauce
3/4 C water
32 oz Ricotta cheese
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2/3 C grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz shredded Mozzarella - divided
4 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 lb lasagna noodles

Prepare 13x9x2 inch casserole dish w cooking spray. Mix jar of pasta sauce with water. In another bowl mix Ricotta cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, Parmesan, 8 oz of Mozzarella and parsley.
Pour 1/3 pasta sauce in pan. Cover sauce w one layer of uncooked lasagna. Spread cheese mixture over lasagna, and finally w remaining pasta sauce, being careful to cover lasagna.
Cover w heavy foil. Store remaining 8 oz Mozzarella in a quart bag taped to the dish, label and freeze.
To sere, thaw lasagna and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 min. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and bake for 10 minutes.

*I made another layer in my lasagna. There was soo much cheese and not enough noodles. I also added a half pound of hamburger meat to my sauce, lest my husband complain for lack of meat.  This lasagna is HUGE! I think next time I will portion it in 2 pans instead of 1. I feel like the amount of cheese would go as far as 2 lasagnas and I had leftover noodles too!

Updates when we try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment